Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Compilation...

Well I've been wanting to blog, but have been stumped on what to blog about.  So now as I sit here with some alone time (Aiven's down for the night and the hubs fell asleep in bed reading his Bible) I'm just gonna blog about...whatever :-)

I love this time of year...I actually usually like the cold.  The air has a crispiness that is refreshing.  I love LOVE Christmas lights.  Every store or restaurant you go in to has Christmas music playing.  You get to go to or throw parties.  Gifts are given and received. The house always usually smells good for some reason.  Decorations are put up.  Memories are remembered and talked about. And Christ's birth into our sorry world is remembered.

This is our cozy living room.  Fire's going in the fireplace can make any room feel cozy!

This is us enjoying that cozy fireplace for our annual Christmas get-together

These are my High School FOR-REAL BFF's!!  Seriously, we've all known each other since at least middle school (some of us since elementary) and we still get together often.  Last year we decided that each month we'd all put $10 in a savings account and save up for all of us to go on a yearly vacation!
Last year we went to Gruene, TX and floated the river. This year we're just gonna keep saving because I had a baby...but next year we'll have all the more money to spend on a lovely vacay!! I love these girls so much and know they will always be life-long friends.


**********************************************************************************
Speaking of friends...this lovely lady is the BEST!  
as you can see, we're also enjoying that cozy fire!

As Steph and I (for now) live about 4 minutes from each other, we've been enjoying some much needed girl time!! We've been getting together usually every Monday evening.  Some nights we just talk and drink decaf coffee, while scolding my too-rowdy dog and helping her poor Charlie dog hide.  :-) Other nights we do crafts!! (more of those nights to come...thanks to you, Pinterest!!)  And then other nights we go on a Christmas-present date!!
First to Olive Garden 
Then to Starbucks...duh 
Then beautiful Christmas lights synced to Christmas music...awesome
Pretty sure we were acting like 8-year-old girls when we pulled up in front of this house and tuned the radio to the right station...
Yes, it was an awesome date :-)

**********************************************************************************
And then of course there's this love of my life (other than my wonderful husband)

this face just melts my heart!!  Every day is such a gift to be able to hold him, kiss those cheeks, and hear his wonderful laugh

Since Thanksgiving we've had his friend, Broden, come "play" every Monday and Wednesday while his mommy is at school.  They are about 2 months apart (Broden is older) and our play-dates will continue next semester!
Yeah, they're both super chunky ;-)

**********************************************************************************
Then with James still not working (he starts his new job Jan. 3rd) we've had some AWESOME family time...e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y  :-)  and we're loving it!
This is when we were putting ornaments on the Christmas tree.  Aiven wanted to be a part of it, so I put him in the sling my mom MADE :-) yeah, she's awesome like that.  

Maybe I'll see if she'll do a guest post for me and tell how she made it!
**********************************************************************************
Oh and Aiven got his pic with Santa (aka my old boss Chris at Sterling House) 
He didn't cry!!

Well that is all for tonight...I know this post is super random and maybe boring to some, but it's my life! :-)  Stay tuned tomorrow for Friday Food Frenzy!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad that James will be starting a new job! I was thinking of ya'll the other day and praying that he would have a good job so that you can stay home with your handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete