Sunday, October 23, 2011

Old Book Journal *** 4 Months!

A while back I got an idea off a blog (here) to make a journal out of an old book.  So James and I went to Recycled Books on the square and bought me an old book!
Then about a month later I actually got around to making my book journal!  Here's how I did it:

First I cut the binding with scissors, took the pages out, & separated the front and back covers:


(don't you just love the colorful drawings on the inside?!)

Then I trimmed the edges of the book covers, then I measured out 3 holes, where a typical 3-hole punch would go, and then I hammered a nail through each hole marking (we didn't have any blocks of wood, so I put the book on top of a cardboard box to hammer, but it would've been much easier if it was on a hard, stable surface):



Then I put rings through each hole (I bought mine at Wal-Mart)


Then I cut out some colorful paper to fit inside the book and 3-hole punched it and put it in!:



And there you go!! My New-Old Book Journal!!


I'm going to use this journal to write all about Aiven...his birth story, all his birthdays, milestones, accomplishments, heartbreaks, etc. and then give it to him when he's 21! I don't have to worry about running out of room because I can always add pages!

******************

Also, Aiven is 4 months old today!!  I can't believe how fast time goes by.  I remember thinking about him being here when I was pregnant, being sure that day would never come.  And then holding him in my arms in the hospital never imagining him to be 4 months old.  Yet here we are, he is here and he is 4 months old.  And I'm so thankful for that.  His life is in God's hands and really we were never promised that he would be born and were never promised that he'd make it to 4 months old - but he has and that's a gift.   And we pray for many more months and years!!  Happy 4 months little Aiven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment