Monday, October 24, 2011

Paleo Candy Cookies

This is a paleo dessert recipe that I've tweaked.  My recipe comes from two recipes called "Paleo Candy Bars" and "Paleo No-Bake Cookies".  So I will call my recipe:

Paleo Candy Cookies (sounds yummy right?!)


Ingredients:
3 Heaping Spoonfuls of Coconut Oil
1 Heaping Spoonful of Raw Honey
1 Spoonful of Almond Butter
1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder
1 Cup of Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/3 Cup (or more) of Chopped Almonds (or nut of choice like: walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)

How to Make:
1. In a small-medium saucepan melt the coconut oil, raw honey, & almond butter.
2. Then add in the rest of the ingredients (cocoa, coconut, almonds) and stir well.
3. Then dump it out onto parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet.
4.  Spread it out, flattening it with a spatula.
5. Put it in the fridge or freezer to chill and harden.
6. If you want to, once it's hardened, cut it into bite-size pieces.  Enjoy!!!
(store in the fridge or freezer)

*I store mine in the freezer because, for some reason, I've always loved frozen chocolate (I think I have my mom to thank for that...)
And these are SO good that between my husband and I (...mostly I), it's all gone within two days.

*Here are the recipes for the treats that this recipe was born from:
No-Bake Cookies
Paleo Candy Bars

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am going to make this - looks delish. Can't ever have enough paleo dessert recipes!

    ReplyDelete