Thursday, October 20, 2011

a gain & a loss

Today was an interesting day....

I watched my friend's 6-month-old baby boy today while she went to school. It was fun and challenging. Having 2 little humans that can't do anything for themselves and cry when they need something is, at times, a difficult thing to handle. But they did have fun together when they were awake, full, and happy!














And I didn't do it alone for the whole day because...my hubby got laid off.

It's interesting when you get news like this. For a second your world stops, then fear and worry want so badly to take over you. But then I remember the Lord. He is in control, He was not taken by surprise, He knew this would happen, and He will take care of us.

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today & tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith?
Matthew 6:28-30

"...the Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."
Job 1:21

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

And it's in times like these that I'm reminded so much of why I married my husband. He is so calm and collected in times where some (not all) men would freak out or get depressed. A few weeks ago I found our wedding video and watched it. One of our officiants (who was also our friend) had asked each of us before the wedding what the ingredients were that made the other person and why we wanted to marry them. One of the things I said about James was his stability and trust in the Lord. And when things like this happen I am so thankful for this attribute!!

Laughter is good for the soul too. We have often found ourselves making jokes about the situation. However, this is not to say that we're just sitting back, laughing, and doing nothing. As soon as James got home, he started updating his resume and applying for jobs online (and picking up one of the two unsatisfied babies...). I'm also brainstorming ways to make money, yet to continue staying at home with my little booger!!

All in all this was not a typical day - a day with a gain (little Broden) and a loss (our only income...)

Will keep you posted on our search for a job!!


No comments:

Post a Comment